The adoption of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is growing rapidly. Organizations across the globe are witnessing unprecedented turbulence caused by the pandemic. More businesses are turning to RPA to get rid of redundant tasks, to allow them more time to focus on core business functions.
Organizations are looking for all possible ways to cut costs and drive revenue growth. RPA is one such tool that allows businesses to streamline enterprise operations and reduce costs. RPA is proving to be a key enabler of digital transformation.
According to a recent report published by Fortune Business Insights, the global robotic process automation market size is projected to reach USD 6.81 billion by the end of 2026. Some people see RPA as the first step towards Artificial Intelligence which can be trained to make future decisions by emulating human behaviour.
Let’s look at a few use cases of RPA across functions in an organization:
Customer onboarding (Sales)
The customer onboarding process involves multiple stakeholders that are critical to the customer journey, including sales, administrative, accounting, HR, and IT teams. A slow and inefficient onboarding process may lead to customer dissatisfaction, negative feedback, and poor customer retention.
RPA tool can:
- Collect customer-related documents
- Create new customer entry in the CRM application
- Extract customer details from forms and documents
- Schedule next communication steps
- Email stakeholders a report upon onboarding completion
Slack is one of the most popular business messaging apps used today. Slack enables users to communicate with team members, manage projects, share files and links, and receive notifications related to project updates. Although Slack is a convenient tool with many useful features, it still involves a significant amount of manual tasks that could be made more efficient through automation.
RPA tool can:
- Send Slack messages upon updates to business files, Excel spreadsheets, and corporate databases
- Send Slack notifications upon completion of web forms
- Send notifications by email to notify user of a new Slack message
- Consolidate Slack messages into a single Excel spreadsheet
- Pull lead data from CRM into Slack
- Create custom reports based on Slack activities
Campaign Data Reporting (Marketing)
Ad campaigns require a meticulous approach to data analytics and reporting. Marketing leaders spend hours collecting data from various ad accounts to analyze the success of marketing campaigns and update strategies accordingly. This data includes details on budgets, actual expenditures, leads, conversion rate, etc. This is a very tedious and time-consuming process.
RPA tool can:
- Open browser, log into campaign management systems
- Collect data on campaign results from campaigns
- Consolidate data in a separate spreadsheet
- Sort campaign data by predefined parameters
- Create structured campaign report with details
Order Placement (Supply Chain)
Procurement is one of the most labour-intensive processes that involves navigating many websites, filtering information, checking product availability, and placing orders in multiple accounts. Scheduling supply delivery is a time-consuming task that involves clicking through many screens in various websites, a procedure for which bots are well suited.
RPA bot can:
- Navigate browser to apply filters and check availability of required products
- Log into multiple accounts and place orders
- Place orders on relevant sources selected by predefined criteria
- Create list of orders placed
- Check shipping slots and schedule order delivery
- Email order-processing status updates to stakeholders
Collection & Tax Registration in ERP system (Finance)
The finance team receives multiple payments with different tax variables that are challenging and tedious to track and update in the system. Mapping payments and taxes to respective invoices is carried out manually by dedicated resources which can be time consuming and cause human errors.
RPA tool can:
- Check the collection and TDS entries and knock-them off against respective invoices.
- Create a receipt for these invoices.
- Reduce the overall process time and facilitate faster collection entries.
The success of your RPA implementation rests on identifying repetitive and redundant processes that can be automated. It’s always better to carry out a thorough research on the specific RPA tool that you intend to purchase, keeping in mind your organizational goals and budgetary requirements.
Clover Infotech has extensive experience across application services and infrastructure management. The automation team comprises experts who have worked across multiple RPA tools and frameworks for customers across industry verticals. If you are looking to optimize your processes and automate them to reduce manual dependencies, contact us today at email@example.com and get a FREE 30-minutes consultation on process automation.